Searching for Doron Sheffer

Truth and fiction: From a year in Israel while searching for # 11

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Closer to God????

It's a good thing Judaism is a monotheistic religion otherwise I could only imagine in what light some of my classmates would view themselves. At this point in their lives they may not be god -- but they certainly have the pulpit right next him. (and sometimes, only sometimes ... god even takes advice).

Without going any further, let me state that I really do like my classmates, and let me also say that it's a damn good thing that I'm around (my own god complex) to knock some of these individuals off his/her pedestal. I'll continue, at times their is an aura of oneupsmanship or full out competition that takes place among classmate to classmate. Everyone needs to read one verse more than the person before, or add one extra element to a service or spend an extra half hour studying.

Student A: I'm so tired, I stayed up until 3 working on my Hebrew homework.

Student B: I know, I stayed up until 3 too, but then I got up at 5 to contiune to read commentary on (insert ancient text here)

Student A: I'm analyzing Plato from a Jewish Vegan Lesbian perspective, so I need to make sure that I stay up until 5:30 this morning to really dive into the text.

Yours Truly: I'm very tired too, I stayed up until 3:00 watching the Pac-10 semi finals and I need to get up early tomorrow for my fantasy baseball draft.

(the above dialogue was totally fabricated ... only one line is true, you guess which one.)

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

why aren't you in my fantasy league?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home