Searching for Doron Sheffer

Truth and fiction: From a year in Israel while searching for # 11

Monday, March 19, 2007

Long time no blog ...

Sorry if i've been a tad AWOL from the blog the last stretch or so. I have found "blogging" much trickier than i could imagine. So a little update

----

Purim in Jerusalem was rather fun. I dressed as a Mormon or Mitt Romney depending on how sophisticated you are. I also was a Mormon with a mohawk ... didn't really go all that well with the costume, but it was a really badass mohawk. (I no longer have it) For those of you who don't know, Purim is a time for joy and craziness (some people compare it to mardi gras) and it's really an insane scene. There are tons of parties and dancing and different meals and loads of libation. (Since, I don't drink ... i just watched my friends act silly).

I took a stroll through the old city on purim and everyone was singing and dressed in costume and it was quite a scene, it's really excuse for a lot of the yeshiva boys to let loose.

----

Weather in this country has been bazaar -- two weekends ago I was on the beach in Tel Aviv in shorts and the weather across the country was spectacular. Last week, we had a crazy, nasty day that included hail, snow, sleet, rain, sun, wind and everyother weather pattern imaginable. I had put away my winter gear, so it was a bummer to have to go dig it all out again.

---

An almost devastating moment the other day ... my friend Aaron and I were watching March Madness and with 1:45 left in the creighton/nevada game (one of the few good ones) our feed flipped over to beach soccer. (i kid you not ... beach soccer) I guess because the game was supposed to end at 9:30, they cut away from the game immediately at 9:30. I ran around the apartment screaming ... but then they fixed the problem and i watched the rest of the game.

Nothing more frustrating than the feeds in this country ... you never know when you are going to get a game or not. For the record, like the rest of the world, i have florida vs. georgetown in the finals.

----

Thought you would enjoy this photo. Now this clergy having fun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home